The Granola Factory is looking for a hard-working person to join our artisan baking team. This is an entry-level position that requires a basic understanding of cooking/baking techniques. Having past experience in a bakery or other food business is preferred.
About The Company:
The Granola Factory was founded in 2006. Our bakery has grown to offer products in stores such as Wegmans and Whole Foods Market. Our granola and Bethlehem Bars can be found in 400+ stores from Massachusetts to Virginia. Our products have been featured on The Rachael Ray Show, The New York Times, The Washington Post and Saveur Magazine.
The artisan bakery team member would be involved in the daily baking/packaging and order fulfillment. Production shifts are Monday through Friday, and start at 7:30 a.m.. Shifts finish anywhere between 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
The position will be five days of baking production a week, with the opportunity for more hours as you become trained in the position. Production hours can fluctuate based on seasonal business and how many orders come in each week.
Benefits of this position:
- Good hours, daytime Monday through Friday, that allow for a good quality of life outside of work.
- Competitive hourly compensation in comparison to the rest of the food industry.
- Health Insurance Offered Starting Jan. 1, 2021
- You will join a team of fun, friendly and hard-working people who are working to build a great business.
- Hands-on learning in many different aspects of small business, which provides you with a great learning opportunity.
- Must be a high school graduate. Bachelors, Associates, or Culinary degree is preferred.
- Applicants should live an active and healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Basic understanding of baking/cooking skills. - Must have a reliable car for getting to and from work.
- Must be able to lift product that averages between 1 and 30 pounds, with an occasional need to lift a maximum weight of 60 lbs. (pails of honey). - Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours, and work baking shifts that can last 6.5 hours.
- Please submit your resume AND cover letter.
- Specify the position (Artisan Baker) you are applying for.
- Please do not call or visit the bakery directly.
- Send to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our bakery and we look forward to hearing from you.
Employment at The Granola Factory may be contingent upon applicants passing a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check